There was a time when fork truck ramps were used only in warehouses and manufacturing plants. Today, however, in addition to being used in the traditional settings we now live in a time when these same fork truck ramps are being used to move shipping containers for the simple purpose of personal storage. In fact, knowing that the LA Times reports that there are 300,000 items in the average American home should be the first indicator of how big the self storage industry is in this country.
From storage trailers for sale that can be moved to your home when it comes time to do indoor remodeling to permanent storage containers that serve as inventory space for major retailers, there are a number of ways that bot individuals and companies can find the solutions they need.
Storage Containers Offer a Working Solution for Many People and Businesses
Whether you are preparing for a move and need to store some of your personal items and furniture pieces so that your home will show better or you are in need of a permanent solution to the fact that your business needs an efficient way to store off season merchandise, it is important that you consider the option of renting or leasing a storage container.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the storage container industry and related industries, as well as the purposes that these industries serve:
- 10% of Americans rent offsite storage, making this the fastest growing segment of the commercial real estate industry over the past 40 years, according to The New York Times Magazine.
- 25% of people with two car garages do not have room to park their cars inside them, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- 32% of people with two car garages indicate that they only have room for only one vehicle, according to the same U.S. Department of Energy report.
- Data shows that of the more than 17 million shipping containers currently in global circulation, only 5 million are designated as active shipping containers at one time.
- The containers that are in use make approximately 200 million trips every year.
- When you calculate the cost of all the utilities and other expenses, it costs an average of $10 per square foot to store items in your home.
Today equipment and containers that were once used for transportation are now being put to the purpose of storing the many goods that both individuals and businesses have.